12/01/2014

November - sum up or spazz out?

Today I want to focus on announced in the first post  ending summary of the month. Unfortunately, despite many positives, I can not recognize that I am happy with the game, especially mindset.

Although I referred a month with positive results as bad. I think that's a good omen before the next. But going into details.



I played less than expected by 10,000 hands. I've always had a problem with a typical grind , but the truth is that by playing 4-6 tables you need a lot more hours spent in front of the screen. Does not seem that I'll be rakeback machine in the future. And I'm okay with that!

In addition to the changes 
 introduced at the tables, which surely will describe in future posts, I would like to draw your attention to this aspect:


 Result Visualization

Of course, I will not come into the discussion on the line drawn by HM  - EV . Everyone can think about it what he wants . I do soaked in with my own way in the following manner .

I divided hands into the following categories:

Variance UP - when I win and played, both myself and opponent correctly . Here are the stacks AI , for example AA vs KK , set over set , all of the equity of about 50 %

Variance DOWN - similar , but I lost

Unmarked - nothing special , simple obvious valuebets , etc spots with less than 30bb's

Spazz OUT - hands that I played badly aggressively or made too loosely calls

LuckyMe - when you win a hand with  less than 30 % equity , or when I'd a pretty great run out .

BadBeats - when I lose with more than 70 % or a rival gets an amazing card on the river etc.

For Review - All hands I need to discuss with my coach




What it gives ? 

First of all, illustrates just how variation affects the game at shorter distances. An objective can tell whether I have " upswing " or not. As I mentioned we usually think that we are doing worse than expected, not seeking own unforced errors. And everyone has a lot of those. After a cursory analysis of my November it's comes to me that I lost on the category of Spazz out more than all my winrate , so despite the fact that aggregating variation was negative, I have still a lot of doubts to my own attitude.

Is it hard to do? Maybe now it looks like hard work, but believe me - already in the game you can determined hand by hand, and it is enough for an additional 5 minutes after the session to complete all categories with a little of analise.


Try it yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment